PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st Sep 2004, 16:26
Autorot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear this up a little, Canada and Denmark haven't said 'No', they have been very helpfull indeed, the issue is the Met' conditions. In order to cross some parts of the world in an aircraft like mine we have had to work in a few deals with regard to support aircraft however, the goodwill starts to run thin when we start to ask if we can do stupid things in stupid Met' conditions. Stupid things in good Met' conditions isn't so bad.
ppppppp is quite right! I've already been called Half a Job Jones by someone and I guess he's right! Shame, I thought I was perfect when infact its him who's perfect. I wonder what fantastic flights he must have done to see my flight to the other side of the planet in an Autogyro as a poor job? I'm in awe.
So, my late departure from the UK, my 'dilly dallying' across the globe and the long long and very powerfull (this year) monsoon has put time against me for fair Met' conditions. Time for the project was/is running out so I needed a fair conclusion. London to Sydney is what i've come up with.

All the best.