PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st Sep 2004, 12:13
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks for that Auto and I'm sure those who do not visit here will appreciate the update to the website. (Hi Guys!!)

I imagine Barry is pretty hacked off about not being able to complete the journey through parts of Canada and Greenland due to the open cockpit. Perhaps if he re-routed to go through parts of Greenland and Canada where you are allowed to fly with an open cockpit, there may be a way to complete the journey.

A crying shame that after all the hassles, it turned out that a couple of friendly nations, Canada and Denmark, managed to scupper the attempt.

I guess a trip to Sydney must be setting a distance record of some measure?

If so, it must be a distance not worth challenging without going round the world in an attempt to better.

I realise that the end of the year is the cutoff date, despite all the support from the teams employers, but what is the timeline from Alaska to the UK?

A great dissapointment that this round the world attempt isn't, at the moment succesful, (everything has the scope of change!), but pppppp.

I'm sure we'll be following the altered journey with anticipation, awaiting the next adventure for Barry.
Watchout for them thar pirates on the way to Australia!