PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 1st Sep 2004, 00:10
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet and propoganda

This was touched on in the last election but it becoming much more important this time around. If you saw ABC Lateline last night, you would have heard Amy Walter from The Cook Political Report (a non-partisan, online analysis of US lectoral politics.) mention, in reference to the Republican booing of Michael Moore,
People who go to see the movie really are folks who already feel - they're pretty much against the war.

They're committed already to their cause, a movie like that helps to sort of cement that.

Folks on the other side would never dream about going to see a movie like this.

I think we're seeing that culturally more and more in terms of the kind of TV you watch here, the kind of Internet sites that you now see.

You can insulate yourself in this country more so than ever and I think worldwide you can do this too where you wake up and get your news and your information and never have to listen to one dissenting point of view.

It's not a particularly good thing, I think, but it's certainly become part of our culture.
I'm coming to the conclusion that at least in this campaign, the fairest way to assess each party is to analyse their own primary policy web sites (with a big dose of NaCl) and watch the campaign develop on the least-biased news site in the country.