PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standard questions about a career in aviation
Old 31st Aug 2004, 18:44
BigGrecian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not too interested in flying for charter or budget airlines (absolutely, NO disrespect to pilots who fly for them! I would not be able to get around Europe on a student budget if it wasn't for you!), but I prefer to fly long-haul routes for international carriers. Should I just accept whatever comes my way? Or do you think there is a point in trying to go for the long-haul arena?
It doesn't work quite like that. I'm sure there are many pilots who would want to fly Long Haul but your going to have to build up your jet/airline time somehow and the majority of people do this by flying short-haul to begin with, or flying for a charter airline. Given the current state of affairs I think many qualified pilots would jump at the chance of a charter/short-haul job.
Can't blame you for dreaming though!

As regards a foreign airline - depends on their requirements have a look at some of their websites. If your willing to re-locate and their looking to the European Pilot Market then there's no reason why not.

Sorry to hear about the medical with the UAS, they started introducing preliminary medicals as some UAS Pilots went throgh training completed EFT, and then subsequently failed medically for reasons similar to yourself!

Hope this helps
Big Grecian