PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your first Flying 'incident'
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 18:22
Speedbird744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight correction to " Three green not illuminating when raising the Landing gear in an Arrow"
I raised the gear and what I meant to say was that the lights didn't go out, but stayed on.

Dublinpilot:
What we did (both instructor and I) at the time was, everything in the book. Extended the Emergency Gear Extension with no result, then climbed the aircraft for some interesting dives and sharp g pulling. Lastly abruptly yawed the aircraft either side.
Then did two low level fly pasts the tower and maintenance hangars for confirmation. Visually on the ground we had all three GEAR down, so thats the reason why we didn't do a wheels up! And besides they don't always allow foam to be sprayed on the runway, not sure.
But it turned out to be something faulty in the wiring of the bulbs.
There was of course major confusion of whether the left main gear was "locked" albeit down. Thats why we didn't want to risk taxi the aircraft back to stand. And hence evacuate all our passengers ( ok just us TWO!) and went back to base.
Made me think of the Piedmont Airways 737 incident, but no one was a hero on my flight.