PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training in the USA - its decision time!
Old 31st Aug 2004, 14:10
TKPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok!!! i have to drop a quick note to. It sure sounds like none of the guy's that are talking NEGATIVE about the states know what they are talking about.
Im from Europe but lives in the states where im flying right now.
Never done anything better as this is the VERY best way to learn.
The weather is great(moste of the time) so you learn A-LOT, Very Quick.
Why wasting time because of crap weather in UK where you over and over have to cancel your training because the clouds are too low.
NO here is what i have found the best way of getting your JAA ATPL.

1) Get to the states and do you FAA, PPL, IR, CPL, Multi and Maby CFI.

that's gonna give you about 250 hours MORE then in UK.
Then people are crying and say, BUT THE CONDITIONS ARE NOT AT ALL THE SAME>>>>>>THE WEATHER IS NEVER BAD..
What a BUll.....When the weather is s... in europe no one is flying there.

The best thing is that it is A-LOT cheaper.
The FAA Package starts from around 18000US$ and gives you all your american licence...Remember you can use these licence other places then in the states.
If you later on are looking for a job i asia/africa and some places in the eastern europe the easyst licence to convert is the FAA.
But ok you just spend 18000US$ Now its time for yor ATPL Studies. This can be done many places and starts from about 2500Pounds. It is A-Lot easyer to pass when you have the bagground knowledge from your FAA IR/CPL Alot of the ATPL do not make any sence before you actually are flying. so by already ben through alot of training helps A-LOT
When that is done and over with you just need a conversion of your FAA CPL MULTI/IR and you are done.
AND no it is true that no school gives you a 100% Instructor job in the states but now one does that in Europe either...But i KNOW that the changes are 100% bigger to get one in the states. i know of JAA schools in the states that are in HUGE need og instructors so dont wory you will get a job EASY.
Try to check out this webpage
www.aviationpilots.com
The got most of the schools in the state and you will find som good info there, plus ATPL questions so you have a chance to take a look at what to expect.