PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine ops - pc12
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 12:40
JoeCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I do not understand. If I arrive in Europe flying IFR in a single engine aircraft, nobody seems to have a problem with that. No authority or ATC unit will reject a request to fly in their airspace, or over their towns, or land at their airports, BUT if someone wants to register that exact same aircraft in that country, THEN there is a problem. I don't get it!?!? I can fly in and around the UK, all over the country in the worst weather you can find, but as soon as I want to put a G reg on the side of it, or carry a passenger for hire, ...well, all of a sudden that plane just ain't safe enough.

On top of that, a number of single engine aircraft are being built all within Europe, all in seperate countries. Germany builds the Extra 500 and Grob G160, France the TBM 700, Switzerland the PC-6,7,9,12 and 21 and the new aircraft being built in the Czech Republic. Funny thing that is that the countries that apparently do not support Single Engine IFR have some of the largest single engine aircraft manufacturers.

My head is getting sore trying to figure this one out.