PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - starting in the industry
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 12:12
el dorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does seem to be necessary to remind people that offering yourself to people to do what they will with you for free is a very steep and slippery slope to nowhere fast (whilst maintaining the highest standards at all times of course).

Ok, we all understand what pilotads is saying, we've all had these thoughts about how to get a foot in the door and show the employer how great and efficient we are in the hope that he/she/it will then decide to pay us a great salary for good work and soon upgrade us to the G5 etc.... but that's just not how it goes.

You've got an expensive licence for which you should get a reasonable salary commensurate with your experience. The first job is the hardest. Don't give up but don't sell yourself down the river for f...all because you reach a stage where you'll do anything for a flying job. I had a job for a couple of years which I jacked because I just couldn't put up with the inability of the management and because they screwed me for money. Yes, I GAVE UP A FLYING JOB! Heavens forbid. But I'll find another one that suits me better and where I get paid properly.