PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 31st Aug 2004, 07:31
CoodaShooda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT-DT

I really need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley

While I said I'd like to see it, I didn't necessarily mean it would be a good thing for the country.

The amalgamated Cabinet would lead to anarchy much sooner than letting one party/coalition have power.

The cracks in Howard's mantle can only widen and his focus will be on damage control, Costello will be divisive until he can take the top job, both will be fighting off the smooth faced, electorally attractive Rudd who will be distracted by having to work harder to maintain his veneer of capability in a higher profile role, Beasley will hate all of them for preventing him from moving up the ladder over the past few years and Latham will spit the dummy and return to type.

Unfortunately, Aviation, in all forms, hardly registers on the political radar. So regardless of who wins the election, nothing much will change.

I think I'd prefer to see the RBA staffed with practising Muslims. They have interesting views on interest.