PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J31 course not far away
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 05:48
ZK-NSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
splitflap/giant squid
Not part of the company cheerleading team obviously? I far from agree with alot of what the company doe's to its staff but feel i should make some points. I dont know if you fellows have been asleep for the last 6 months but the company very nearly went bankrupt a few months back (hense the fact they wont/cant shower it's pilots with payrise's)
Yes J31 f/o's get crudd money, they also only do about 3 days duty a week currently and when they do work the duties are much shorter with fewer/shorter sectors compared to most airlines... and is eagle pay much better?
ALPA have seen the books and should have figured out that until the company sorts out its new "direction" and gets some reservse's behind it, there is no money. I find it ironic ALPA crying because the company canned the days negotiations when last week they advised the company the day before that it had scheduled negotiations the next day.
Origin is a regional outfit and its pilots are generally in the early stages of their careers, it cannot compete with jet operations in areas of pay, conditions but mainly the lure of flying a big horny jet. It picks out from its pilots who show they want to stay in Nelson and offer them a few incentives to stay (training/fleet captain) and it has worked well for them.
The company has to consider the other 300 or so families who rely on it for employment and not just statisfy it pilots. Origin is a good place to work and Nelson is a great place to live. Do your homework and know what you are getting into before you commit (no pun intended)