PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video Cards and TFT screens
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 04:19
Lost_luggage34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks chaps -

Yes, as always Richard has the nail on the head - one 512Mb stick with some taken away for the onboard video.

Neither of you have actually steered me in any particular direction. 19" would be great Richard - can't quite justify the spend (Oh hang on - don't have one of those wife things !!!) maybe then.

But seriously I really do want to go TFT - 17" CRT is what I have currently. Still works well, would like to save power and have more desktop space, and I am sure 7 years on, resolution must be better ? My eyesight is fine - still exceeds a Class I so no requirements there !

But would a video card vs. the onboard video make a difference. ? I will be driving TV video through it in the future via a PCI TV card - done this before with this CRT and it was fine.

I reckon my shopping list will just be a new PCI TV card and another stick of DRAM.

Sometimes you chaps are just too smart for me !!!

PS. Richard - How do u get along with the SATA drives you run ? I looked high and low for them last year when I bought this M/B. I had to buy this M/B as an emergency. SATA drives were like rocking horse . When I mentioned them in the store and 10,000RPM they looked at me rather oddly !!