PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Parting Shot?
Thread: A Parting Shot?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 03:07
NAMPS

Location: WX at our destination is 32 deg with some bkn cld, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest to all small aviation business owners that you now look at getting out of GA before you go bankrupt. I would say there would be at least another 5 or 10 years of exploitation by the big airlines, pilots and air traffic controllers. As I predicted previously, it will then get so bad that someone will step in and fairness will prevail.
I'm sick of Dick's discursive diatribe and blaming GA's woes on rollback of NAS.

The real source of GA's woes is the privatisation of airports that has resulted in the new private corporate owners increasing rent on leases. This has the obvious flow-on effect of higher maintenance fees etc.

This, together with ASA proposing ludicrous increases in landing fees at secondary aerodromes, will probably sound the death knell for GA as we know it.

Dick, if you have any desire to save GA, why don't you address these issues as forcefully as you try to push NAS?