PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I will NOT pay for a T/R
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2004, 20:36
circlip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Below is an e-mail I received from parc recruitment recently.
Included is a cunning invitation to pay them 800 eurodollars to attend a interview and simcheck for air Asia, Yes a few blokes got jobs but a lot did not and I myself did not bother as the whole thing is a fine example of profiteering

Air Asia Recruitment

As you are now aware Air Asia will undergo significant expansion over the next 12 to 18 months.

The first officer recruitment positions will begin training at the end of July. To gain a place on the next course, candidates will undergo the following:

Aptitude Testing
Psychological assessment
Simulator assessment

These will take place over 2 days in Dublin with the simulator check, taking place on the B737-200.

Those who attain the required standard on all assessments are guaranteed a position on the Air Asia first officer programme.

The cost of the assessment programme and simulator check is €800. This fee is non-refundable and is payable in advance.

Selection will be on a "first come" basis. More details about this assessment will be released closer to the time. Please ensure you send us a completed application form if you are interested in this programme.

The training programme for successful candidates will be as follows:

A) First Aid
Initial CRM course (2 days)
Initial security course
Dangerous goods training
Wet drills
Fire & Smoke training

Course duration: A maximum of 5 days

B) Audio visual training
10 days ground school training
1 day exam plus TCAS and EGPWS
1 day performance plus weight and balance and exam

C) Simulator Training
12 four hour sessions
1 four hour LST (Licence Skills Test)

D) Base Check
A minimum of 6 landings or when the required standard is achieved

N.B: For those attending the assessments please bring a letter from your financial institution verifying that sufficient funds are in place to complete the course.