PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours to become MyTravel
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2001, 05:17
SFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I believe I said this in the aforementioned previous thread but here goes anyway.

Changing the recognized Airtours name to the (just plain daft-sounding) MyTravel would do them no good at all. In fact, it would cause more harm than anything positive.

For passengers, which would they rather turn to, a reputable, well-established travel company, or what would seem from the cover to be a "start up" travel agency.

The Airtours name has been a trusted and popular one for over ten years now. Changing identity, especially in these difficult times, would be absolutely ridiculous.

Most lay people know what you mean when you say "Going Places" or Airtours . . . if people are saying "Yeah, I booked my holiday through MyTravel," then the company has to re-establish themselves rather than growing on the well-built identity that has been dominant in the British holiday market for a decade.

And, to be quite honest, the identity "MyTravel" seems to me to have as much promise for success as any home-run start up agency, which places the Airtours group back at square one . . . not a good management move in any circles.

And anyway, I don't even believe the whole thing anyway. I haven't seen a formal announcement, so I choose not to trust a "document circulated to a handful of managers".

In this horrible time for airlines and tour groups everywhere, this would be a very bad move on Airtours' part.

SFly