PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 30th Aug 2004, 14:52
Chronic Snoozer

Received 333 Likes on 127 Posts
S-T

Let me just say I enjoy reading your point of view. It is provocative. But.....

Is Michael Moore to be demonised because he believes he is being a true patriot and defending values that America is rapidly losing through the stripping of basic civil rights disguised as 'homeland security'? Or has he awoken the sleeping giant of the US - the so called 50% of the 50/50/50 vote (the 50 who don't normally vote)? I don't think Michael Moore should automatically be pigeon-holed as some sort of left-wing nutcase - the only reason he is even heard in the US is because of his success - ironically.
Listen - I never pigeon-holed or passed judgement on MM. He's definitely not a nut-case. MM is unquestionably manipulative with his 'facts'. But hasn't he just given the media-manipulating neo-cons a taste of their own medicine? I say hats off to the guy!

I think it is sad that the electorate is polarising around two so-called sides of politics forcing most of us to choose between bad and not-so-bad. Or put another way, the grass on both sides of the fence is brown, which side do you want?