PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Security Flaws Exposed on TV
Old 30th Aug 2004, 08:27
RED WINGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since 9/11 airport security procedures other than the CRC have hardly changed as anyone in the industry knows. What has dramatically changed is the number of idiots who try to undermine the system. I am shocked and appalled at some of the comments in this thread! I cannot believe so many people have the same mentality as these journalists who barely have a brain cell to rub together who go around telling the world how to breach airport security. YES I am sure professional terrorists will already be aware of these security lapses however come on lets not encourage all the psychopaths in the world to further frighten the public. I believe that ars****es like the sun reporter at BHX last week and if true the undercover reporter at MAN should be prosecuted and thrown in jail, how do we know they are not terrorists posing as journalists posing as airport workers LOCK THESE PEOPLE UP!!!
The DOT regularly sends undercover operatives in to probe airport security we do not need it on the front page.

As for the security manager at MAN he would be subject to the higher level of CRC and if convicted of fraud would not qualify and hence could not hold an airside pass or presumably the post of security officer let alone manager.

We all are aware of problems with the system and it will never be perfect terrorists will always find a way in, all we can do is make it as difficult as possible. This means not leaving details on this web site which is monitored by the press I am sure, don’t give them a free story and if any members of the press are reading this please try and be responsible don’t “Sex up” the facts like you did with last weeks story in Birmingham and remember B S stories that are becoming the norm not only endanger everyone’s safety but put thousands of people out of jobs when tragedies occur!

Danny – please ensure both yourself and your forum is used responsibly in such matters!

Before anyone says it no I do not work in security or ever have done I am speaking merely from many years of working in the industry.

RW