PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia to buy long-range missiles
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2004, 01:21
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Obiwan

What have your scenarios got to do with long range cruise missiles for Australia?

You sound like a red neck- firstly invaded by muslim hoardes in fishing boats and secondly an arms race between India and China that has nothing ( Mr Kopp may argue this ) to do with us.

The very limited aid, of which I know little about ( except Steve Waugh's support for Indian orphanages), may well be reciprocated by trade deals. I don't know frankly - but nothing is for nothing usually!

One thousand fishing boats? I am sure the ADF could sustain heavy attrition on such an unbalanced force.

Surely, they need to have big support ships for logistics such as the transportation and supply of heavy weapons . Which would fall prey to naval and air forces. Otherwise you are suggesting they land in Darwin with rations and light weapons, to engage with Australian armoured forces?

Please don't counter with another absurd scenario.

Enough said, but I reiterate. Swallow your xenophobic nationalistic pride and realise that diplomatic explainations of an ADF shift in policy, a great victory or soft kill if it prevents an arms race in OUR region.

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 30th Aug 2004 at 05:04.