PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 29th Aug 2004, 22:12
Rich-Fine-Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a long memory.

I remember trying to pay off aeroplanes and a house at 15% - 20% interest under Labor!!.

I remember a destroyed G.A. due to the previous Labor Govt.

Anderson has been a hopeless Transport Minister (except for QF), however, Collins and other Labor Ministers were worse.

The Liberals may not be perfect, but they have run the country pretty well through two world economic downturns and Australia got through it pretty well.

I remember under Labor, everytime the world had a small economic downturn, Australia's economy suffered.

D.P. - Labor's hopeless economic skills are not an Urban Myth - It happened. I was there - were you?!.

I remember LATHAM'S economic policy during HIS Mayor term of Liverpool City sent the City broke.

Look at ALL the spending promises Latham has made in the last 9 months. Books for Kids, 100% bulk-billing etc etc etc etc.

IF he keeps his promises - the country will be broke for sure. At least the Liberal spending spree is paid for.

As for trust and telling the truth - Look at Latham:

Beats up Taxi Driver.
Beats up City of Liverpool Labor member.
Beats up first Wife (her story).

As much as I think Anderson is a total zero and that Howard will not be there for a full term - it is still better than the alternative offered by Labor.

GST: Correct me if I am wrong: But GST can only be increased if all the states and Govt. agrees......

IF Labor wins, there will be total Labor control - state and Federal.

Under labor - I foresee an increase in GST from 10% to 12.5 % as per New Zealand.