PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J31 course not far away
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 21:23
Split Flap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings, I will attempt to answer the following questions in no particular order (Fairly similar to origin rostering).

Remember that generous allowance of 50K will not be awarded to you straight away, firstly you will be on a step pay of 36K for 3 months, 42K for 6 months after that, and then my god you move to the top salary scale of 50K (and yes once again it does not increase no matter how long you have been there).
In return for bestowing this honour upon you the company will bond you for the amount of $9K (YES NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS AND NO CENTS), for a period of 1 year after your knighthood.
Usually in most companies getting your command is a time for rejoycing, flight manual reading, training and after it is all over the consumption of gallons of hard liquior. At origin your 31/32 command is something you would rather give to someone you don't like.
Please also rememeber that you also get half the amount of annual leave awarded to every other turboprop driver in NZ (not sure about air nat).
Not sure when the course will be, late this year is all iv'e heard.
Euro cap, I agree that 28K is more than some GA pilots get paid in NZ, but remember, Origin is GA!
The point I was trying to make is that all the others get paid more than us with better conditions, if you can go somewhere else you will have more money. Simple.
Direct entry commands........ Management has talked about it in the past and it has been done but you would be about as popular as a pork chop in Jerusalem on a sunday with the first officers.

Keep the questions coming.....