PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I will NOT pay for a T/R
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 18:00
Flying Farmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good sound stuff 2 Wings

Fully agree, went down the instructor route myself to earn a pittance in a job with little or no security. I consider it part of my apprenticeship in securing a RHS some time in the future.

Work from the bottom up, gain experience on the way, see how commercial operations work in real life, all part of the learning curve.

If it makes sound sense and you have some experience why not go the SSTR route if it gains you £10000 a year extra.

Potter "When you grow up & have a living to make to pay for your mortgage & a decent family life & you are not still relying on 'The Bank of Dad' to fund you you will realise that by paying for our own type ratings we have seriously damaged our long term careers."

Can't agree with that, I have a big mortgage soon to be twice as big and zero family life at present because I chose to instruct, with 2 kids as well to support do you think <£10000 as an instructor is sufficient? nope thought not, neither does my bank
I would fund a TR like a shot if there was a guarantee of a position at the end of it. Guess I won't be funding my own for a moment.

All the best,

FF