PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 17:01
chikenscanfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Well Done Danny!

Danny, and ofcourse the towers at PPRune,

Youre recent action in re-instating a forum in which to discuss issues at RYR will be doubtlessly seen as welcome relief amongst RYR staff.

Surely with the threat of censorship, more people will find it in themselves to post without fear. I refer to ATSE's statement of Ryanair's official position...So we should therefore not be worried about whom we join or whom we speak to.

Everyone, please follow Danny's guidelines...two can play at their game.

Regarding the Dublin pilots with the unconfirmed rumours about the removal of the 200 fleet, it would seem plausable that MOL could be planning to retrench most of the more senior pilots whose vote this coming October seems obvious, and replace them with new pilots who would feel detached from this decision, therefore voting against recognition or not voting at all.

Using the 200 to 800 conversion as an excuse would in this case be an excellent means of doing the above said.

Again, this is my own personal speculation, and is not based on any facts or rumours. But it seems somewhat clear if you put one and one together.

Perhaps the more appropriate form of action for the pilot body to take is to join BALPA or IALPA now.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an automatic vote which is passed with immediate effect once over 75% of the pilot body become associated?

Clarification on this query would be greatly appreciated, as would any comment on the above stated theory.