PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 29th Aug 2004, 11:27
Chronic Snoozer

Received 333 Likes on 127 Posts
S-T

Yep, not easy is it. Under the incumbents Australia has prospered, they have not abandoned Defence, which Labour historically has, yet their foreign policy leaves a lot to desired.

They are the lesser of two evils as Labour has no policy platform on which to win my vote. Tit-for-tat politics is not substitute for balanced consistent policy. The fact they allowed Crean to be their leader alone rules them out as a serious contender for the next decade. Beazley is still in the mix, so Labour to me just looks like the same old tired rhetoric. Don't know a lot about Latham, sounds like a thug.

But....I think a lot of Australians have become disillusioned with Howard. Just because I don't believe Labour to be viable alternative, yet, doesn't mean I don't shake with rage at what my PM does in Government. I reserve the right to vehemently disagree with his foreign policy, however there are more portfolios than that to consider. He is smart, you can't deny that.