PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA gone to pot?
Thread: BA gone to pot?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 10:59
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Hotline tickets thing is a bit of a red herring as I haven't been offered one. I did hear a rumour that it was Customer Service staff only but I think a rumour is all it is. It would certainly be ironic if the people who threatened to strike and engaged in mass sickies over the last few months received a bonus whilst the people who stayed at work trying to help the customers got nothing.

Nice to read that Mike Streets position is under threat. The airline would be a far more effective and efficient company if we could lose that throwback to the days of nationalised industry. Most of the problems in BA these days can be laid squarely at the door of his bloated, inefficient empire.

The engineering side of BA is struggling with a lack of spares due to a new computer system which is putting a lot of pressure on the engineers to keep as many aircraft servicable as possible. No aircraft means cancellation. The diversions are entireley unrelated. I doubt three technical cancellations in one day at any low cost airline would make the news.