PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Children in Need charity airshow - 29 August 2004
Old 29th Aug 2004, 07:35
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barry, I have no intention of letting this become a free for all. That you should use my PM (Private Message) to you to make a reply is, as I remember, not like you.

The rules are there and I don't make them. The owner of the site does, I apply them according to his dictat, he pays the vast bills to run PPRuNe and he says what can and can't be placed on PPRuNe .

There many requests for large, and small, displays to be placed on PPRuNe every year and they are refused. The exception, as I explained to you is the Shuttleworth which we have rightly 'adopted' because it is, significantly, our aviation heritage and I felt that we should keep it in the available limelight of PRuNe, Danny agreed. On the other hand we don't mind the ocassional 'fly-in' getting a mention but beyond that, no. I am sorry you appear to have decided that as the Trust gets publicity you should too. Maybe you should have asked first and then this unpleantness would not have occured. But then that is why we have moderators - to remove unapproved postings. But, I am especially sorry to note that you have have failed to express any appreciation that I didn't actually remove it - I hope my 'mistake' helped!! Even my mod hat has holes in it now and then.

That said, I will always remove anything that I have to. That is the way it is.

Please continue to enjoy PPRuNe Barry.

Oh and!

Frankly just who are you to deprive them of this opportunity?
See above.

Edit: By now I expect you have had a good day. Hope our help was apparent. Anyway, no email and I win the dare. That's it