PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Core Category A?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 01:50
peter manktelow

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Onya Brian. Hours may not be the whole measure but it is a fair indication that you are doing something right ie keeping self , pax and machine , out of the water.

( …having worked within many multi cultural situations may I offer this small snippet to help enlighten some of the Pprune audience…...boot = baggage compartment = trunk….they know to whom I refer ! Sorry Brian , I could not help myself)

We all wrestle with our particular (operational) demons but as Xnr says
“Now the guy caught in the middle is the pilot. Surprise surprise.”

..and this is what I find annoying. We are at the bottom of the “food chain”. As pilots , we must make the operation work after the manufacturer presents his machine , the regulator does his bit , the auditor/oil company lays down their creed and our management tries to sell the whole shebang. We are not caught in the middle , we are caught at the end and this is where Nick’s involvement in Pprune is worth a million dollars. I know you are expressing private opinions , Nick. Fair enough , but you are also in a position to take in what you hear from this far wider audience of pilots and allow it to effect outcomes at the beginning of that “food chain”

My parting remark is borrowed from a good Canadian buddy of mine who once said..
”take any helicopter (single or multi ), remove x% of seats and you have a half decent performer”

I believe that a lot of our performance woes are directly attributable to ignorance (or head burying or economics) on the part of the end user. In the offshore patch , that is the oil companies. I should really get a Pprune pseudonym before I blast the oil companies but ………

Peter

Last edited by peter manktelow; 29th Aug 2004 at 02:01.