PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF officers to join gay pride march
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2004, 01:22
ProudButNotPublic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I will admit that this is a new nic for the purpose of posting to this thread. An interesting choice by me I guess, but perhaps some of the responses to this thread make it understandable.

Some of the posts here have been 'classical' responses, with a suitable degree of inaccuracy, stereotype, and downright insult.

Bluntyospguy Yes, very amusing... chortle chortle. But then again, a fairly sick post. Yes I know, I should recognise it as a joke. Oh - and how was I meant to do that again? Come on guys, I am sure that you have to sit through the same 'equity and diversity' lectures that we have to down-under. I think even a fair and reasonable non-homosexual person would see that post as inflamatory.

Now, I would have said that because we have had a lot longer dunnunda to deal with the childishness that invariably arises with this topic (1992 it became legal but not compulsary), and that in time the UK forces would also get over it.
Of course, then that would make it hard to explain Milt - although perhaps not even the dinosaurs all died out at once.
Oh and bad news for you Milt... we can (and do) 'breed' - happy to be both gay and a dad here.

Oh and BEagle - what exactly is "homopriapism"? Closest defintion I could find was
pri·a·pism n Persistent, usually painful erection of the penis, especially as a consequence of disease and not related to sexual arousal.
Dictionary.com

I would like to say that it is good to see that quite a few people here had favourable responses to the thread. I'll be honest, and say it was more than I would have thought.

Maybe one day it'd be ok for me to post under my normal nic - without having to worry about people making a huge fuss about it. I just want to get on with my life, without having to worry about snide remarks and school-yard gossip.

Til that time, I guess I will do what I have always done, and not march in Mardi Gras, but at the same time, not deny it if anyone does get the guts to ask...

Hope the guys/gals had fun in Manchester last night

(edited for typos)