PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Children in Need charity airshow - 29 August 2004
Old 28th Aug 2004, 22:26
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

Hello there team and in particular PPRuNe Pop,

Thanks for the PM. Fully appreciate the situation however I would point out that Key Publishing were perfectly happy to let it go on their forum.

After all, I was offering your viewers a fairly unique opportunity to get priviledged information from the "horses mouth" and not the speculation from the other end of the animal often found on forums - including your own occasionally. As the appointed Display Director of the airshow and as a person with more public airshow performances to my credit since starting in 1958 than anyone currently, or even recently, on the airshow scene my credentials are totally assured. Your readers wish to get up to date information on events they may plan to attend and not just historical reports of what happened.

Frankly just who are you to deprive them of this opportunity?
Is the proximity of Little Gransden to your chosen venue of Old Warden a little too close for comfort?
Are you being a little too supportive of shows organised to support one registered charity at the expense of another?
I would appreciate answers in due course as I have an airshow to direct tomorrow.

Having directed a fairly effective guided missile, or more likely a hittile, in your direction I would add that I have derived great amusement and information from being a subscriber to PPRuNe and hope this will continue in the future. You do a fine job along, I must add, with the other aviation forums. In particular I have the utmost respect for your potential power to redress unreasonable action which bears unfairly on those of us who regard aviation as either profession, pleasure or passion. As a 66 year old OAP and member of OFFA (Old Flying Farts Association) it is really the only passion left...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to this email I am posting this on your forum and dare you to leave it there..................!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Barry Tempest MRAeS
alias Trapper 69
www.tempest.ndo.co.uk