PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DIE HARD II - ITV Tonight 2115
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2004, 19:05
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding Jet A I remember working in an engine shop where people smoked around drip trays containing fuel. But a fag end thrown into Jet A would be extinguished.

As for Die Hard. You can't criticise the faults because I think much of it was done tongue in cheek. They threw every cliche and a few new ones at the plot. The terrorists took over the radio but all anyone had to do was get into another aircraft and use the radio in that. The whole plot depended on the villain getting free on the four engined C123 (Why?) shooting the pilots and landing it himself. Why didn't he do it earlier and fly himself away? The whole way through the film is one implausible plot twist after another.
Right at the end of the movie when the 747 is in the hangar. Did anyone notice all the mechanics running around working amongst the terrorists. One ran across the shot rolling a wheel.

The fact it the movie was a complete romp. I thought 'Turbulence' was of the same ilk. It had elements of 'Airplane' in it deliberately I think.