PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2004, 11:39
I've shed my load!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a first timer at prune so please be gentle!
As far as I'm concerned all I'm looking for is a bit of stability. At present I feel the morale is rock bottom.
Stability was achieved with Streamline so why can't it be done with Emerald?
At Streamline we were sufficiently crewed so that we could have a rolling roster which enabled you to plan for the weeks ahead, which in turn provided you with a social life! (I've definately forgotten how that used to feel). A call from ops outside of standby hours or on days off would be to ASK not TELL you to do a shift, which usually resulted from either crew sickness, a/c tech or possible charter (not cock ups from HQ).
I could go on and on and on but I don't want to give the perception of being a streamline lover/emerald hater. Believe me I truly believe Emerald has the potential to be a decent airline. Oh well here goes........

Possible solutions to boost morale:
1) Rolling roster for cvt and ltn (not difficult)
2) Expenses and duty pay paid on time
3) SOME NOT ALL ops staff to possibly attend our CRM sessions and have a grasp of the FTL'S. Remember manners don't cost anything.
4) Standardise contracts-come on it's been long enough now. (2 pilots do the same job but 1 gets paid 4.5k less per year.
5) A light bulb for the cvt toilet.

Other than that it's happy days my fellow buddies!