PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News blamed for Ansett collapse
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2004, 00:48
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe, Kap, that AirNZ knew exactly what they were getting themselves into, and that they were relying on the NZ government to bail them out if it all went pear-shaped. If they were NOT aware, then they have only themselves to blame for the trouble they encountered and it's then even MORE of a pity that they had to bring us down by their unmitigated greed.
I reiterate - I am convinced they wanted SQ's investment funds for their own expansion plans, while simultaneously frustrating SQ's ambitions for AN acquisition and all that it promised for them in terms of access to OZ markets. I'm probably a conspiracy theorist, like yourself, but with different theories.
Having observed QF's shenanigans in the past, I would put NOTHING past the devious minds of its management, of whichever sex, and would trust them to have only their own, personal, futures and bonuses at the forefront of their minds. If that meant shafting AirNZ, or any other entity, in the furtherance of their aims, then YES, I would believe the possibility.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.