PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 27th Aug 2004, 10:49
Woolf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking I want to be a pilot!

Found this hilarious essay written by a 10 year old pupil in Switzerland. Not sure where he got his knowledge from but he seems to be “in the know”! Enjoy:

I want to be a pilot!

When I am older I want to become a pilot because it is a funny and easy job to do. That’s why there are so many pilots. They don’t have to stay at school very long because they only need to learn enough to read numbers and dials. I think they probably also have to be able to read a road map to find their way. They must be brave, so that they are not scared to fly into fog or when a wing or engine breaks away. Then they have to stay calm and know what to do.
Pilots have to have good eyesight to be able to see through cloud and must not be afraid of thunder and lightning because they are a lot closer to them then we are. Another good thing is the salary. Pilots earn more money than they can spend. Thats why most people think flying is very dangerous but only pilots know that it is very easy.
There are a few things that I don’t like about becoming a pilot. For example that all the girls and air hostesses are after the pilots and want to marry them. Pilots always have to fight them off. I hope that I won’t get airsick when I’m flying because I always get sick in our car. If I get sick when I am flying I just have find a proper job.

Woolf