PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2004, 03:32
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol!

Can totally relate to the talking about planes/flying/weather/nav etc etc all the time - I have driven my family nuts for years with it!!!

Has grown worse since started ground theory - had Met. & Air law last night. I was at my parents' the other week and the weather came on - my mother said 'okay smartypants, you tell us the weather, then we'll switch to the other channel and see if you're right".......

PPrune is great for discussing all things aviation without driving my friends crazy..... on occasion I've been introduced with "This is SkySista*, she's the one that's crazy about planes...." (*not real name of course)

This thread helping a lot as to questions that I want to ask once I'm back flying....

As to not being able to fly often, the thing I've been drilled most often with, if you can't fly all the time, at least keep it regularly spaced - consistency is the key! And as has been said, try to read up on your stuff when not flying, to keep it fresh in your mind...

(Lecture over )

Sky (the one who's crazy about planes.... lol

PS - For those of you in OZ who have/know someone with Foxtel, there's a program on (think Sunday mornings) on Discovery or similar, where a guy is building a kit plane, in between they go to the airfield and he shows the pre-flight checks etc. Also last night on Discovery, "Super Structures", they had a segment on Boeing's plant at Everett - completely awesome!!! Catch it if you can!