PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Painting aircraft
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 20:43
davie bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painting Aircraft

Looking back at some of the posts i came across one titled Aircraft painting.

Using someone who is very knowledgable in his specific field but not on the repainting side, i would say tread very carefully.

I looked over all the replies and have seen and heard it all before.

With all due respect of coarse.

The amount of people i have seen and heard saying things like oh no problem anybody can spray an Aircraft, go on yourself big man.

Its not as easy as people think and the problems that can arise just from the mixing and application side alone can be mind knumbing, i can asure you.

The MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ALL being the preperation
because any flaw or poor workmanship in this essential part in the jigsaw is the most important of all.
paint will show the smallest of flaws making it almost magnify before your eyes.

And thinking you are saving on money should be the last thing on your minds if you are the owner of an Aircraft.

If you pay peanuts you will get monkey work.

Yes you can use cheap materials, cheap paint, basically cheap as chips if you so wish.

But the finished result will look like a blind cobblers thumb on a bad day

Stick to the job or trade you trained for is my saying, i would never try telling say an engineer how to go about his daily routine

I never believe for one minute after nearly 26 years in the painting trade, that i know everything.

All the coatings for aerospace use are carsnagenic, BREATHING APERATUS BEING PARAMONT.