PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine ops - pc12
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 20:43
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No inference to say you havent done the research...more highlighting that I have I guess..

With regards to aircrew standards in the US; in my experience US pilots on the whole are very well trained, but like here there are those individuals that are a danger to themselves and others, its also worth noting that most of what we do these days is driven by the US, and in piloting terms I can see merits on both sides of the arguement. In terms of the statistics, again I think its important to realise that there is an element of poor airmanship in most accidents...not just confined to MEP Ops and the case can be argued that if this were improved, the standards would be raised across the board.
One point I do accept is that a falling plane is a hazard..but again that goes both ways.
I dont think we are ever going to agree on a common perspective, but my original thread was bemoaning that very thing.....the authorities are too entrenched in their collective ways to have a reasoned and sensible debate about this issue.
The statistics for the present day scenario (poor standards & ill trained pilots..as you suggest) show SET is by a factor 10 a better bet than MEP, and that is from an SE IFR sceptic.

Cheers

H