PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed my IR today.
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 11:42
el dorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all: bad luck but don't lose the will to try again. It happens to many of us. The learning curve is steep and you jump off the deep end. After all, you are trying to show the examiner that you can be in command of a passenger aircraft, even if it is small, deal with any reasonable emergencies while maintaining situational awareness, making the right decisions while talking to ATC, declaring your intentions etc. etc..

DO spend a few days off, relax and think about which parts of the flight you felt best about and which you know didn't cause you any problems and deal with the others. Next time you'll do fine.

The age thing and your first job: don't worry about it. Your first job won't be decided by your age but the availablity of jobs when you apply for them. If you don't find anything in the UK/Europe try the Caribbean or Africa, there are always more jobs for low-timers and many more companies with small a/c on which you can gain single pilot PIC time and have a lot of fun. I'm considerably older than you and I'm in the same position and not losing any sleep!