PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Observations on corporate rates, Easyjet
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 09:28
Momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observations on corporate rates, Easyjet

Just a note for those in the travel industry... I work in for a 150k employee multinational that uses BTI (BTI Hogg Robinson in the UK, for example.) Travel arrangers are now starting to use "Smart travel", provided by BTI. The tool forces travellers to use the lowest fare available within a couple of hours of the desired departure time, unless they want to get approvals from higher execs for exceptions. (Our company does not require any particular approval for individual trips within rules that are programmed into Smart travel.)

The latest development is that Easyjet is included. Yesterday I used them for the first time for Geneva - Orly on a day trip, for 99 Swiss Francs all inclusive (about 43 pounds, 49 euros, $55), and was perfectly satisfied, especially compared to the less-comfortable option with Swiss to CDG. Our offices are equidistant from both airports. No lounge access on the way back, but I arrived at Orly just in time in any case. Both flights were on time and full.

I would urge majors to be conscious of these developments and to do their utmost to match LC airlines rates when cutting corporate deals. I realize that BA refuses to cut a corporate deal with my company, so I suppose this is a message for others who are more flexible. It is clear that we will be moving substantial business to Easyjet as they further develop Geneva. I can't say that that bothers me in any way.

Momo