PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2004, 04:23
Stars Jewel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We welcome any support to discourage prospective 'contractors' signing up. The reasons for why we ask this are evident. Yes, a minority of ignorant and anxious (for lack of better words) current pilots have signed on as contractors. This is dissapointing but anticipated under the current environment and as a result they do get most of the flying.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a sad state of affairs.

For to long GA Pilots have copped the wrong end of the stick. Especially in Darwin.
The Days of doing a Bathurst I. all day charter for .6 MR and no waiting time just 20 od dollars for your effit are not that far gone. Finally the industry has a low but exceptable Award wage yet there are still Pilots out there willing to undermind the achievements of who ever it was that fought for all of us. Thier fight was to win the AWARD and make Flying condition better and safer than the were.
Now there are Pilots willing to give up the Award purely to better thier own position. To those who have signed I hope enjoy your days , as the NAC pilots who are standing strong sit at home waiting to be called into fly, while your out there doing max hours and filling your wallets and purses, thinking of that great day when you finally ''get out'' and '' back south with a real'' Job.
It's a sad day. The Pilots of NAC i encourage you to make it very Public who signs. Let these people know what has happened in the past and that the award is there for pretection rather than finacial stability.

No one is forced to SIGN . No excuses please. You do not owe NAC anything, especially not something as valuable as giving up your right to recieve the AWARD.

To the people who have signed I wish you all the best in your Careers. I hope one day you will look back and see the significance of what you have done to the Industry. Your short sightlessness and your self interest will surely make you are very successful person. But a very lonely one.

Again Pilots are prepared to shoot themselves in the Foot. Why???

To the NAC pilots that are doing the right thing, atleast you will know you have the support of all of us that se the great stance you are making. Because if you fall all of us will.

And for nothing else your standing in the Aviation community will be respected for years to come, when hopefully we all have our dream jobs.