PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sept 6th course
Thread: sept 6th course
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 20:22
hangten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my course was like 5miles' but as phantom says it's all different since june. as i understand it you do a few (5?) weeks on the 'introductory course', which i believe involves little if any simulator work. it's all theory, subjects as above. but the lectures are uni style and as 5miles says, quite relaxed with plenty of handouts and you do get hard copies of your bibles - the college hadn't joined the 21st century when i was there and disc copies were none existent. the opposite of which seems true at unit. we did get occasional tutorials as well (4 or 5 students), as we got close to the oral board exams. one thing that was different was that (for aerodrome anyway) there were no verbatim exams - all multiple choice 1/4 - but not always as easy as it sounds...

then you choose/get chosen for discipline, twr only (london airports), twr and approach radar (regional aiports and i think terminal control), or area radar only. the idea being to reduce failure rates (and cost - ahem) by the number of courses you do (people on my course now doing area control had to pass all the aerodrome courses first). politics abound...

phantom says workstations the same for lectures as sims, which is all new, i'm lost...

h10