PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA gone to pot?
Thread: BA gone to pot?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 18:44
Diverse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could agree with ABird747 that this whole thing is about EWS to see the engineers work frustrated because of a computer system is depressing.

It's also about staff shortage, lack of forsite on the part of management, lack of investment in the company, lack of leadership, support, business acumen.
I wish I could see a way around these problems. There are enough flightcrew, engineers, ground staff, office staff and cabin crew who can see what's wrong, we can all see what is wrong with our departments but the staff at the 'coal face' are never listened to.

When the ' hits the fan we are made to feel guilty for not helping out in the company's time of need. I don't mind helping out if we've had violent storms,(like 1987, or October 2000), I don't mind going in to help out if the place is flooded or in times of tragedy like on 11/9/2001, these are things nobody could see coming, these times are when people pull together.

I feel very uneasy about helping the company out because it cannot have the foresite to see that it might be a bit busy on a bank holiday in August.

The only comfort I can take from all this is that at least Cathay survived the helming of Capt.Skippy. Just hope we can.

I'm going to stop posting now, I just find it too frustrating

No More Excuses lets do it all properly.