PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA gone to pot?
Thread: BA gone to pot?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 16:03
Diverse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope martindoc and others who've posted above that this has finally woken a few people up to the fact that BA can no longer justify it's position. I think things can change.

I would like to see a chairman and CEO who gets off their @rses and does something useful, like bang heads together, while taking their salary. Senior managers who behave like leaders, by example and not like either slave masters or cowering whimps in Waterworld.

If they spend some of this profit they supposedly made in the last quarter on making sure there is enough staff to do the job and enough facilities to get the pax and a/c off the ground and to their destinations properly then the company can turn a profit because if we treat people properly they will work for you and customers will buy your goods. That's all we have to do.

I'm not saying we can spend our way out of this problem but BA's reputation is in tatters and that is going to affect the bottom line for years to come (if we're lucky). The reputation is gone and I'm not sure how long it will take to get it back but it's going to need a lot of work and it's also going to need spokespeople and a PR department which doesn't belittle peoples plight when things go wrong and come out with the mealy mouthed words MS came out with the other day. Passengers and staff want results not apologies.

We currently have a board and senior management who need to wake up and quick.