PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed my IR today.
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 15:44
esmozz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failed my IR today.

Hello all,

This will be my first post on PPrune altough I have used it as a source of very useful information in the past. Any replies to my query will be gratefully received.

As the topic heading indicates, I failed my IR skill test today. Totally. It was a disaster from start to finish, mostly due to nerves. I am, needless to say, gutted.

Obviously I need to take a few days to think about it and then get back on the horse and try again. I can't give up now, not after getting this far.

It has been explained to me that I have two options. One is the 'sudden death' option. I pass everything next time and get a series one pass. This second is to ditch series one and go straight onto series two, if in this case I partial next time I can just do a partial retest and not, as with the first option, have to got onto series two anyway. The second option will probably be cheaper as anyway you cut it, I feel im unlikely to pass fully on the next test. (But there is always hope!)

My question relates to how all this is going to look on my c.v. At some indeterminable time in the future I hope to be able to get a job flying something. Im a bit older than most 'wannabies' (30) so straight to a job as an FO on 757's with Britannia or whoever was probably always out of the question. With that in mind should I go all out for a series one pass or will employers generally not really care one way or other and I should take the possibly cheaper and less stressfull route of going straight to series two.

Again, any opinions gratefully received.

Thanks

e

Any spelling mistakes are because im knackered!