PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Thread?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 15:14
Zlin526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Shuttleworth Thread?

At the risk of being shot down in flames (by a Vintage member of the forum with Spandau Machine Guns no doubt), may I suggest a seperate 'Shuttleworth' thread for all of those who like to look at pictures of the same aeroplanes, at the same aerodrome, but in slightly different weather conditions, every week? That way, it would free up the rest of the forum for those of us who have actually been there (3 times!, twice by air!) this year, but feel like we have been there every day for the last 5 years!

Life has no surprises anymore. I know exactly what's going to be at Old Warden even before I go there, and I can save my entrance fee and just wait for the air display pictures to appear on this forum in the peace and quiet of my own living room......All that's missing is the noise, and I can have that by playing one of those LP records of vintage aircraft sounds that they used to sell at Shuttleworth

I've nothing against the Shuttleworth Collection; its a fine collection of vintage aeroplanes, in a unique setting, all flown with verve and panache by expert pilots, but this continual plugging of displays and photographs of the same aeroplanes is driving me to go to other museums and aerodromes, if only to see other vintage aeroplanes and 'surprises'!!

When I taxy along the flightline, I can even recognise people in the crowd who I dont even know, just by the size of their camera lenses!!

Oh dear, what have I said?? Please be gentle with me. I'm only expressing an opinion and don't really want the wrath of all you digital photographer chaps directed at me! None of this would have happened had it not been for those huge Canon cameras with grey lenses..Bring back the Kodak Instamatic..