PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA gone to pot?
Thread: BA gone to pot?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 08:19
Jezebelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for BA as cabin crew, and have seen how demoralised the whole workforce has become over the last couple of years. Yet front line staff still give 100% when they go to work.
Each time there is a debacle, Mike (I am so great) Street, is pushed out on his box somewhere near the airport, to spout of about, staff shortages, staff sickness, technical problems, weather problems!
They blame everyone and everything else but themselves. Whilst they sit in their ivory towers at waterside, awarding themselves big payrises, and thinking up more ways to cut more frontline staff, and save more money.
They have seemed to have lost the idea, that we are an airline, in a very competitive market. Filling HQ with MORE managers, that just sit and stare out of windows, is not going to check in passengers.
It is a well known fact, that we are the most top heavy airline in the world. Costs have been cut, but in all the wrong areas, ie front line staff.
The only ones to suffer are passengers. I dont blame anyone for voting with their feet. If I had a choice, I would not buy a ticket with BA at this present time either.
It is such a shame, that this once great company is slowly but surely going down the pan.