PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News blamed for Ansett collapse
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2004, 05:46
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very balanced view, RTA, I commend you and wish I was possessed of your sanguine attitude! You are quite correct, we all have our view, coloured by our individual experiences, and mine simply does not reflect yours. Unlike some, I don't give a damn when referred to as "scab-lover", I have friends from pre-89 and others post-89, if they cannot talk to each other then they have the problem, not I. I accept that the pilot body didn't stand much of a chance against the total power railed against them, but I am still at a loss to understand HOW they came to believe so strongly in the infallibility of the then AFAP. How was it that a group of obviously-educated and professional people could be led down the path of destruction by a leadership so arrogant and blind? It beggars belief!

Your comment re "scabs", a loathsome description, reminds me of something I had intended posting in reply to KapM's comment "...names supplied on any scab list that might exist..." - on request I will happily provide him with the url pointing to the current list or, if he prefers, a hard copy of same. It exists, my word it does!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.