PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sept 6th course
Thread: sept 6th course
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2004, 21:12
hangten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello all,

congrats on getting a course, i started last oct and have since been posted but remember the excitement. i'd never heard of pprune until i started so there may be some in my boat - don't exclude them!

bournecoast are good for accom cos they'll do you a three month contract (hate to be a downer but the fact is you won't all make it...), but they may try to oust you in favour of tourists come summer. b&bs are great for a start but not never overly comfy long term, and same problem come the summer...

remember you'll need somewhere to study, best to stick in groups for it as well, helps. even as a complete industry outsider and ex-student i was amazed at how much there was to learn in such a short time. expect to work hard and play hard when u can, it's not like (my experience of) uni...

you've all been given an incredible opportunity to do a job that thousands of people would give there right arms to do - something i really didn't appreciate until after starting (and i'm convinced some in the job never realise - we all know one). make the absolute most of it.

take it easy. h10.