PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long haul seat selection
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2004, 17:45
Fester T Adams

Smile

Hi Easybaby

Well I'm flying BA to the States soon & like you I've a bit of a penchant for a window seat. When I booked they had none left on the outward journey for me to prebook but instead the've booked me in an aisle seat on the outward jouney & a window seat on the return.

Thinking back on when I travelled long haul last year & was stuck in the middle of the centre aisle with little to no leg room. I'm beginning to wonder if a view from a window seat should be such a priority when leg room & freedom to move & exercise ones legs takes on an unprecedented importance when you're sandwiched between two people for hours on a flight. Remember too flying to the states even the west, is alot shorter from Europe than flying to Oz particularly with no stopovers. Just a thought for you to bear in mind. Also please bear in mind to prebook the seats you requested you must book early, more than likely months in advance, cause window & aisle seats go like hotcakes.

If you can't get the seat you want when booking they often tell you to ask when checking in for the flight but its a slim chance & I wouldn't bet anything on getting it at the stage unless you're extremely lucky.

Emirates I know nought about, sorry.

the get EasyBaby to Australia fund is going slower than expected but it looks like i can buy one beer on board at least!!
Has the lovely captain started the balls rolling, it occurs to me it's just the advice he'd give to you on how to spend your few bob? LOL

Have a lovely & safe trip whatever your decision & enjoy Oz you lucky thing.