PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine ops - pc12
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2004, 12:03
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From what Ive read in Flight International, the JAA soon to be EASA are split on SE IFR Ops....The UK dont want it, neither does Germany, and I think one other mayby France. I read an article in another magazine a few weeks back that had an editorial from a guy at the UK CAA explaining their position...essentially he said the CAA dont believe that statistics alone amount to a case to change the rule, as in the UK there are few CFIT incidents, and even fewer VMCA or loss of control in IMC with an engine out accidents. He didnt however give a reason why the rule shouldnt be changed, just more excuses..even implying that an act of parliament would have to be passed!
It honestly seems to me that there are a few "special interest groups" at work here who are clogging up the system, the weight of evidence is very strongly in favour of SE IFR..even if just initially limited to Cargo Ops on turbine A/C.
One way or another the rule has to change..and lets not forget both the PC XII, and the TBM700 are made right here on our doorstep....bloody beauracrats!!!