PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $1000 Bonus for Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2004, 11:54
Chilli Muscle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was thinking the other day of a cost saving concept that would save Qantas millions.
Low cost management.
I mean they are already doing the job OK so why not present a case to the shareholders that they do it for considerably less.
I'm sure if the shareholders were presented with the benefits of at least halving the current salaries and conditions for upper management they would reap the rewards in the form of increased dividends.
After all at the end of the day they are only managers.
Graduates are pouring out of universities that would gladly take on the job for half or maybe a quarter of what they earn now.
These graduates could be taken into the airline as middle level managers at half the current rate of pay and then groomed to be the discount upper level managers of the future. As the current managers retire the new school will naturally be brought in at ever decreasing rates of pay.
Its what the industry demands and a reflection of the current competetive nature of aviation.
I suppose the Qantas upper level positions could be likened to Danton or Robespierres situation in 1793.
Just a thought for saving costs.