PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA gone to pot?
Thread: BA gone to pot?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2004, 10:51
WHBM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
this constant raising of the baggage problems is misleading.
The problem arose because of freak weather conditions at their main base and was not to do with any ongoing inefficiencies ....baggage problem was a one off.
Surely not:

Let me give you an example of a current stupidity that caused me to have my baggage lost for 2 days for the first time ever for me.

BA have scheduled their St Petersburg flight out of T1 this summer at 06.55. They have a procedure that all visas on flights to Russia need to be checked by supervisors at the check-in desks. But the supervisors do not come on duty until 06.00. So checking in before this time (which of course most do) causes puzzlement over what to do. And my bags were "red tagged", which I was told meant they were put to one side until my visa was checked, again at the gate. And of course you can guess what happened can't you ..... And at St Petersburg there were a whole lot of pax with missing bags, and no English-speaking staff on duty in the baggage hall.

And this is nothing to do with a one-off weather problem and everything to do with basic mismanagement of the staff.