PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exams outside JAA country
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 20:11
likair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA to JAA PPL/CPL ME IR

Hello
just some questions to clarify regarding gaining a CPL with ME+IR licences abroad, in the United States.

So:
if one wants to study up to commerical level in the USA for FAA licenses and then converted to JAA Licenses. Assuming 0hours, starting from PPL. This means doing the theoretical and practical up to CPL in US. It will also include the CPL ME + IR (multi engine and Instrument Rating).

The doubts are;

Is it approved to have a converted JAA CPL with ME+IR gained outside a JAA state (i.e. USA or any non JAA member state) and use it in any other JAA member state ?

Does the system (JAA-JAR) states that if flight training did not take place into a JAA country, the license isn't fully JAR compliant?

If yes, which JAA counties do not approve JAA license that did not take place in a JAA member state?

Will the Instrument Rating be valid to use in any other JAA Member state, if done in USA or it must be done in any JAA member state to be vaild?

If there's any JAA - JAR documents that you recommend to take note of please mention them.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
L|kA|r